copper pipe lenght

Users who are viewing this thread

jk76

Reaction score
Hi,
Was wanting to know if they make 3/4" or 1" type K copper tubing in rolls more then a 100ft.
The reason is just bought a house on well water, going to switch to city water(not my choice)
City says needs to be copper, which is fine by me. The problem is the house sits 250ft back from the road and the water main. If I buy the 100ft rolls which is all I can find, then I am stuck with underground connections that I do not want.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,
Was wanting to know if they make 3/4" or 1" type K copper tubing in rolls more then a 100ft.
The reason is just bought a house on well water, going to switch to city water(not my choice)
City says needs to be copper, which is fine by me. The problem is the house sits 250ft back from the road and the water main. If I buy the 100ft rolls which is all I can find, then I am stuck with underground connections that I do not want.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.

Corporation fittings have been used for MANY MANY years without any known issues... Pick up a few 3/4" corporation couplings and be done with it.

If you can't find a 250' coil that is.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
100' is the maximum roll, but flared couplings/unions make it just as good as a solid piece of copper. 250' is a bit much for a 3/4" line however.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
1" Type K copper weighs about 0.8 pounds per foot. A 250 foot roll would be quite unwieldly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Besides, by the time someone actually sold one, the tubing might be tempered by age and then it could kink while being unrolled and you would still have to make a joint in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks