well water sediment filter question

Users who are viewing this thread

bronzemaxell

Reaction score
i went to lowes and saw they have the whole house whirlpool brand sediment filter with 1" thread, so i bought one, and to try.

is it a good idea to put a sediment filter before or after the pressure tank (120 gallon)?

i am also trying to install the Calcite filter with 2510sxt control valve and water softner with 2510 sxt control valve. does the AN filter or water softner also have built-in sediment filter?

it is the first time i've seen how the well water looks like through the clear plastic sediment filter housing after pump from well. initially very muddy, like coffee, then it clears up.

my concern is after a couple time of pumping, the sediment filter is basically brown, and i can see sand being collected in the bottom of the filter housing, and i am afraid the filter will restrict the flow of water from pump, and putting extra work load on the pump.

sedimentfilter.jpg

bronzemaxell

Reaction score
ok, thanks for your advice
i am thinking to installing a chemsorb sediment filter with auto backwash 2510 control timer after my pressure tank, between the calcite filter and water softner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks