View Full Version : help to id make/model

07-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey gang,

I am trying to identify the make of this tub faucet. The previous plumber crushed the diverter stem inside the housing and I am trying to find a replacement stem....if I can remove it. This is in Seattle, probably put in during the last 10 years. My guess is that it is a Home Depot house brand, Glacier bay possibly? The bath faucet is very similar but the only writing I could get off of it is "Neoperl" on the aerator spout.

The HD website had no replacement diverter stems listed. any ideas on where to get parts?

07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Until you take the diverter stem out and show us a picture of it, there is absolutely no way we could answer your question. Handles and trim pieces are NOT specific to any one manufacturer.

07-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, therein lies the rub..... I can't get the diverter stem out. I am going to need to do some dental surgery to remove it. Stem probably wouldn't survive the process. I guess my question is now based on my gut assumption about it being a home depot special. Can I get parts for those things? The teenager working the plumbing isle didn't seem to know.

07-20-2010, 06:17 AM
As far as I know there are no parts sheets for Glacier Bay faucets, and it is VERY difficult to get the corrrect parts, even when you DO know the faucet model, which you do not. How about a picture of the faucet with the chrome pieces removed. That MIGHT help us identify it.