DIY dishwasher install to double sink

Users who are viewing this thread

renomama

Reaction score
My friend says this will work, is he right? I'm afraid I'm going to have backup. If it's not right what will work better?

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Cut the tailpiece on the left and have the p-trap grade downhill to the sink drain.

The first ruile of plumbing, is that water needs to go downhill.

sink_dw.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are those soap bubbles on the rubber connector, too? It isn't sealed well. As plumbed, the drain line (trap arm) will fill up with food particles and crud, and block up. It has to flow downhill from the output of the trap.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Actually, there is no good way to connect whichever side gets the dishwasher. I would use two "P" traps on that installation, but the "branch tee" is still going to make that one hard to connect properly.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score

basically you need to cut the wall open and lower the san tee in the wall ! !

Drainage water " does " not run uphill you have to get that lower in the wall that is

all there is to it !

Once you do that the rest of the sink plumbing will come together the right way ! !

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are three inviolable cardinal rules of plumbing.

1st rule: things flow downhill. You have created worse than a deep trap, which is a problem in itself. You have a serious crud catcher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks