View Full Version : Sink w/tiny cracks in bottom. Repairable?

06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I have a tan-yellow one-piece molded bathroom counter/sink that may be original for my house (1956) which has tiny visible surface cracks in the bottom of the sink. I'm guessing there's no fix for this but thought I'd ask. Can these be polished out?

06-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I think you're SOL, it would probably cost a lot more then the price of the sink if you coould find someone to do it, sorry

06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
The ones around the drain usually go all the way through the material.

06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
If you want to save the countertop, you can see if there are any cultured marble refinishing companies in you area who will make a new acrylic sink to fit over your current one. Otherwise, just replace it all and be done with it.

06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it.