Reduce Fittings?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

killacash

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a water chiller that has a male fitting only a 1 1/4 female fitting could fit on there. I need to reduce the size to 3/4 for my garden hose to connect on. Help thanks

Finnegan

Reaction score
You will probably not find a single fitting that will work for you. Instead you will have to build one using multiple fittings you can find at Lowes or HD. Or, you can go to a plumbing supply store and describe what you need and they will just put it together for you. By the way, what is a water chiller? That seems like an odd size inlet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This sounds like you are trying to make an improper connection. I don't know what a "water chiller" is for sure, I assume it is a device to cool your drinking water, and if so, you could create a cross contamination problem if you connect this to a hose. As far as the fittings needed, it would take a combination which isn't too hard to do, but I'd proceed with caution on this. When a water supply line is split to be able to use water inside and for irrigation, a backflow preventer or anti syphon valve is required to keep irrigation water which can easily be contaminated, from getting back into the household supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks