Roman Tub Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

angelaneises

Reaction score
We went to Lowe's and got an aqua source brand faucet set (made in Taiwan). We haven't installed it yet, but have a source for a Delta roman tub faucet. Should I take back aqua source and use the delta?

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do you ever plan on repairing your Roman tub faucet?
Once you tile the box in you can't replace the faucet.
Look at the parts on their wall. No Aqua Source parts.
Why would you install a Roman tub faucet with no chance of making a repair later.
So the plumbers answer would be to return the Aqua Source and pick up a name brand with get-able parts.
The Delta would be fine.
It's good that you asked though. It reminds me of some of the jobs I go on with deck tubs, and sometimes people quit using them when the faucets become non-repairable.

When you look up Aqua Source Roman tub faucet, I find it on the Lowes site.
Not parts break down though.
The name brand faucets will have pdf files showing the parts break down, part numbers, installation manuals and the 800 for free replacement parts.
Nothing like that for the Aqua Source that I could find.

One year I tried installing some of the knock off faucets. I found that a year later they were needing repairs.
After that trial year, I went back to name brand faucets. Why spend $200 and more to replace a faucet on a yearly basis?
The name brand stuff lasts me years and years before I even consider doing a repair on them.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If we could see the AquaSource mechanism, it might use a standard brand's parts, but why gamble when a faucet such as Delta has readily available parts, and a call to the manufacturer will give you almost any part that fails, or a new faucet if yours is outdated with parts no longer available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks