PDA

View Full Version : help, re boiler system

aynat73
11-03-2004, 03:43 PM
i have just purchased a 1960's 3 bedroom semi which currently has a megaflo 95 water tank which is ran by a back boiler, I want to replace the back boiler and have recieved conflicting advice from various plumbers, most are saying that I should replace all pipework and radiators and fit a baxi 105he, but I have also been told to service the megaflo and install a normal potterton suprema (he) boiler, both are fairly expensive, so I want to make sure I make the right decision.
hope someone can help :)

e-plumber
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Generally when a heating boiler needs to be replaced, the existing heating piping and radiators are not changed, the boiler itself is swapped out for the new one. I would shy away from the contractors suggesting to replace the complete heating system. Get a referral for a reputable plumber in your area from family or friends.

aynat73
11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
thanks, so would you recommend i stick with the megaflo?

e-plumber
11-03-2004, 06:36 PM
thanks, so would you recommend i stick with the megaflo?

To be honest, I have never heard of any of these brands, (megaflo 95, baxi 105he, or a normal potterton suprema (he) boiler) and without being there, it is impossible to advise you on which decision to make.

hj
11-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Is this a British system? Some of the terminology implies that it is, and if so you really need input from a local plumber who is familiar with the ideosyncrasies of that type of system.