Kohler overflow installation question w/ pics...ASAP please!

Users who are viewing this thread

zubz

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am installing a Kohler Archer tub and slotted overflow. NOt sure if anyone has experience with this overflow. It has a swivel ball construction. I am not sure if I am going about the installation correctly.

Should the hub going over the ball be "attached", meaning I should not be able to seperate them? This does not seem possible to me. Even after tightening I call put the joint apart. Is that normal?

Hard to explain...but I attached pics that hopefully helps.

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

• coupons 003 (Smal&#1.jpg
    coupons 003 (Smal&#1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 281
  • coupons 004 (Smal&#1.jpg
    coupons 004 (Smal&#1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 300
  • coupons 001 (Smal&#1.jpg
    coupons 001 (Smal&#1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 284
  • coupons 002 (Smal&#1.jpg
    coupons 002 (Smal&#1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 282
  • coupons 006 (Smal&#1.jpg
    coupons 006 (Smal&#1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

zubz

Reaction score
Manufacturer picture

Attachments

• 32bc70a5-77c3-4d56-.jpg
    32bc70a5-77c3-4d56-.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 300

zubz

Reaction score
One more item to add. Here is a link to the installation guide. If you notice step #3 already shows part of these pieces I took a pic of assembled, but doesn't show how it stays attached. Then if you go to the part section on page 14, it shows them not seperated, which is the way they came in the box. Any ideas??

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1069650_2.pdf

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Something has to hold the nut over the "swivel". You cannot slide the nut over it and then expect it NOT to slip back off. I would suspect that the black gasket goes between the top of the "ball" and the nut to retain it.

zubz

Reaction score
That worked. Thanks HJ. Believe it or not, your one paragraph was clearer then the instruction booklet. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks