PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Dropped in shower head, not tub faucet

sfwill68
05-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Some facts behind the story:

1. I turned off the toilet and sink valves to remove these fixtures for tiling the floor. During the 10 days of the project the tub faucet was used a few times, but not the shower head.

2. Thinking the problem was lime build up in the head due to letting it dry out for several days, I did two CLR treatments - no improvement.

3. Toilet, sink and tub all still have full pressure, but the shower has pitiful pressure.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is it possible that there's some sort of build up in the pipe above the tub faucet?

2. If yes, is there any way to flush a cleaning solution backward through the pipes to clean it out?

3. What else should I look at?

krow
05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Remove the shower head and flush the riser, then check for any visible debris in the sower head.

Install and check pressure again.

hj
05-12-2010, 01:47 PM
did you just unscrew the head, or did you also remove its attachment to the shower arm. I had one a week ago, that cost the customer a high service charge for me to remove that piece and scrape the debris out of its screen.

yngwie_69
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Any Time you shut valves off, its a good idea to remove the Aerators and flush the line out first

django5
05-27-2011, 11:07 AM
I am having a similar problem as the OP and posted a thread about this----did you find a solution?