View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day! Where would we be without you?
05-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Happy Mothers Day! Where would we be without you?
I'm looking forward to seeing my mother today. and my daughter, she's a mother too.
Brunch is sounding good right now, and then later a Washington State Ferry ride on Puget Sound.
05-09-2010, 01:04 PM
There are many people out there without mothers, I am one of those people. I haven't had my mother in 26 years, she died when I was 8 months pregnant with my youngest. Where would I had been without her? I have been. For those out there without the arms of their mom around them, without so much only a mother can give, I understand how you feel, but you move on, sometimes, reluntantly so. But you do.
I am a mother of 2 grown sons. I hope they always remember when I am gone those things like what I smell like, sound like, what my touch on their hands and faces feels like, I have given them the best years of my life, and they have added so much to mine, only they could had done.
I wish all mothers here, a happy mothers day, and for those just beginning to experience becoming a mother I want to say to enjoy all those moments while your kids grow up, and if you are lucky enough to yet, have a mom of your own, to not forget her. Keep her in your heart.
05-10-2010, 06:08 AM
I love these:
WHY GOD MADE MOMS
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following
Why did God make Mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything
nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they
mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's mom like
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be
3.. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he
get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and
YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on..
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such
a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff
under the bed.
3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than
What's the d difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power
'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1.. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some
kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair.. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd
get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister
who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the
back of her head.