Tub draining issue

Users who are viewing this thread

lissiealkie

Reaction score
I am renting a basement apartment. My landlord is a plumber, but never wants to fix anything. The tub clogs about once a month and takes forever to unclog. I've used drain cleaners (including the industrial strength stuff), but they only help temporarily. The tub does not have a faceplate for the overflow. I have a rag stuffed in it (my landlord's advice.) Would a simple solution be to buy and install a faceplate? Is there anything else I can do? I have heard before that basement drains clog easily. Am I doomed to having clogs the rest of the time I live here? Please help. I don't trust my landlord about these things because of his previous advice, and this is driving me crazy. :(

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
If he won't fix it, call the city. All plumbing fixtures most be in working condition, including the drain. It's a hassle, but it'll get done.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks