Closet bend 14 ft. from main stack!

Users who are viewing this thread

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a client remodeling a 2nd floor 1/2 bath. The toilet is an unbelievable 14 feet from the main stack w/ a 60 deg. bend. (In 4" cast iron of course) The truly joyous part is that 12 ft. of it is in unfinished attic crawlspace. What's the UPC say about THIS humdinger? Thanks for any help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
UPC requires a vent within six feet of a toilet flange.

snap_cutter.jpg

Last edited:

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK so 6 ft max from flange to vent. Thanks. Is there no limit to the horizontal run of the drain itself? This one IS sloped at 1/4" per foot. Must it vent directly to the outside or can it loop into the main stack as a revent? Regardless, it's gonna be a real ball cutting into that 4" ci in the crawlspace.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
If you are under IPC, the distance to vent for a WC is unlimited.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes Terry, I see that pipe cutter in my future. They rent for $15. Nuke, I'm under UPC here. Is the Code online anywhere? My search turned up zilch. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks