American standard wall hung 4040 tank/white

Users who are viewing this thread

corycov

Reaction score
Mine has a crack and needs to be replaced to sell my house. I also have two other that needs new seats. All three are original to the house from 1967. the colors are white, blue, and beige. Any help on where to get parts would be appreciated. Another option is to find a replacement but I'm not sure about the bolt pattern lining up. Thanks

cadet_wh_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TJanak

Reaction score
I have a pink tank and a green tank if you are interested. I also have the bowls, but they are both cracked at the waste flange.

I think Terry meant Glenwall for a replacement toilet. We bought two this past year at a price of over $500 each and they work good other than being a bit loud.

corycov

Reaction score
4040 tank

Thanks for the tips. Is the Glenwall a perfect match for my old AS or do I need some sort of adaptor?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's the same bolt pattern, you have to check the threaded rod coming from the carrier to see if they are adjusted out to the right length.
You can normally loosen the nut and spin them in or out.
Remember to save all the acorn nuts, washer and backing nuts.
The bowl should be out from the wall about the width of a flat washer. The bowl doesn't touch the wall, it snugged up against the backing washers and nuts.
You can only tighten three nuts, the fourth is hand snugged. If you wrench tighten the fourth nut, you will be buying a new bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks