Tub Drains -Trip Lever, Pop Up , Lift and Turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Pros/Cons - Reliability on the various styles of tub drains out there
Tub Drains -Trip Lever, Pop Up , Lift and Turn

I came across this Gerberit one as well which was a overflow and fill (all in one)
Dunno about how good or bad this one is but I DO like the design

----

whoops. Mods please move. I just went into advanced edit and it does not allow me to delete or move.
I realized its in the wrong forums.

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
I recently installed a Watlow lift and turn style. It looks very nice, seals good, but is kind of a pain to find the spot where it will go down. I think the pop up may work easier, but I prefered the looks of the lift and turn.

Tim

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My Preference is the Gerber grid drain...

redwood-tub-drain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What is an "overflow and fill, all in one"? Each type has it advantages and disadvantages. You have to decide which is most important to you. I prefer the push/pull because they are easier to install and service. Trip lever drains can jam or leak.. People often remove the popup drains because they cannot get them adjusted properly then things fall into the hole and cause problems in the drain.

Asktom

Reaction score
HJ, if you do see another take a close look. They are made heavy, work well, you can change the strainer without messing with the shoe and special finishes for the strainer & trip plate are out there. They are a little tough to come by in Western Montana, just like where you are. That said, now that Gerber is owned by Globe Union anything could happen, but the last one I got was domestic and the same old good quality.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
As a matter of fact some of the Gerber drains HJ installed back in Chicago are still working great... LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks