Duravit Metro Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

uluvbs

Reaction score
Hi, all.

We have a G-Max Toto that is awesome, but we need to find another toilet for the other bathroom that is one-piece, narrow, and attractive.

We can't seem to find a G-Max Toto that we really like that much (cosmetically), so we are looking at the Duravit Metro (U.S.).

They say it does not have any special flushing mechanism to it -- do you all think it would still perform well?

Thank you.

james88

Reaction score
I am also looking at the Duravit Metro. And I did ask a local high-end store sales about it, she told me Duravit toilet is considered as the Mercedes of toilets. But, told her Mercedes sometimes has more problems than some cheaper brands (ex. Toyota Camry). She did not give any additional comments.

Please let me know if you've heard any feedback/advice.

James

uluvbs

Reaction score
My $0.02

It is the Mercedes, largely because the brand is very expensive. You should see what they get for some of their medicine cabinets.

Apparently, the Metro only uses only a standard flushing system according to Duravit, which I guess is fine until you have a problem. The toilet that we have there now is not working all too well, and I am trying to avoid the same thing when we remodel.

A local bath store lady says she has heard no complaints about their toilets, but the ones she ran off as examples were ones like the Happy D and Stark, which I think use different flushing mechanisms.

Let me know if you find out more -- I have to decide soon. The Duravit is an inch narrower than the Totos, but I'm not sure that's worth the risk . . .

Medusa569

DIYer
Reaction score
Duravit - metro lousy toilet!

I was helping a friend with his new condo that has the Duravit Tribeca installed. This was my first experience with a low flow toilet and sorry to say I was frustrated to high heaven with its performance. Almost all of the time when it had to handle solid waste I was reaching for the plunger and it took about 3 times to effect a full flush. A very sad state of affairs for a costly "state of the art" property to have to worry about the toilet. I am trying to talk him into changing it now instead of waiting for the tenant's woes to reach his ears. I am curious of the size of the trap but it's very clear that it is substandard for handling anything else but minimal sold waste.

claire

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks