I have a question...

Users who are viewing this thread

CharlesB79

Reaction score
WHen I was bathing earlier today, my washcloth went down my bath tub drain and now my bath drain is stopped up. Can anyone here tell me how I can resolve this?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Good chance it only went as far as the trap. A small hand snake with a spiral curly que on the end may grab it so you can pull it back.

Remove the overflow plate on the back of tub. If it is the lever type, also pull out the barrel plunger mechanism. A snake inserted here should drop straight into the trap.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

It is even more likely that it is stuck in the pipe between the tub drain and the tee, unless it was a very small wash cloth. Make a hook on the end of a coat hanger and stick it into the drain and see if you can snag it.

CharlesB79

Reaction score
It seeems as though the washcloth may have went into the trap. I have tried snaking the drain but not the trap with no results.

When I take the trap loose (it's not one of the lever types) will I have to replace any pipes or anything? or is it simply a matter of taking the trap loose then replacing it when finished?

CharlesB79

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

I got the washcloth out:) I tried the snaking and the wet-dry vac and they didn't work so I went to the hardware store and asked the person in the plumbing dept. and he reccomended something called a "Drain King" that attaches to a garden hose to go in the drain line....and it worked like a charm:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks