PDA

View Full Version : Utility Sink vs Cleanout

Lakee911
09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd like to add a utility sink in my basement. Plumbing is all in one corner of the house so its all right there asking for a sink. :D My only concern is the main cleanout is right there too. The utility sink would be right over top of it. If this was a new house, I would think nothing of it, but it's 82 years old and needs to be accessed yearly. Will it still be accessable enough? Should I not place it here?

Thanks,
Jason

hj
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM
If you put the sink there you will not only have an unhappy plumber, but you will have one who will remove the sink if he has to use the cleanout.

Lakee911
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Hmm .... how big are those root cutting auger machines? How much room do I need to leave?

Thx
Jason

Lakee911
09-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Or another question .... could I put on some sort of 4 in long sweeping elbow on the cleanout and relocate it to a better, more accessable place? Is this just a dumb idea? I can see how it might look funny, but space is kind of a premium in the laundry area.

Thx
Jason

Kristi
09-12-2005, 04:50 PM
you would want to relocate the sink, not the cleanout! Keep that puppy where it is, the sink is the intruder and will have to be compromised if you want that 82 year old house AND your plumber to remain happy... nothing scarier than having these two cantankerous at the same time ;)