One piece stem/handle?

Users who are viewing this thread

saraheba

Reaction score
Recently, our tub faucet has started leaking from behind the hot water handle when it's turned on. From what I can tell, the stem and handle are one piece, because I can't get the handle off. If I keep turning the hanlde towards the left, the entire thing, stem and all, comes out. Is this a true one piece or is it just that frozen? I have replaced the washer at the base of the stem, still leaks.
ETA: This is a mobile home from the 70's. Entire place rebuilt to a frame home in the 90's, but interior stuff is still from the MH.

Last edited:

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
Get yourself a handle puller available from any supply house and most home centers. Often the handle becomes stuck tight after years of use and can be a booger to get off. The handle puller makes it alot easier.

Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks