New Standpipe install, info

Users who are viewing this thread

segal46

a/v technician
Reaction score
Hi all, found this site and found it very helpfull, though I do need a little more information, I found Terry's picture of a rough standpipe install, which I am going to use in my 40 yr old home, Question is pertaining to his picture, I have a double utility sink, and behind the wall i also have a bathroom sink, so I am looking at his picture to add a vent and a standpipe, will having that extra batroom sink going into the drain affect anything. Also I want to take out the double utility sink and add a more modern single sink.
Secondly does each entry have its own p-trap/ 1 for each sink and one for the standpipe? If I look at Terry's photo the out for the sink should run to a new p-trap.

Thanks
montreal, canada or a true canuk

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks