American Standard warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
We routinely get free replacement parts from all major plumbing manufacturers, as faucets, showers, etc. have lifetime warranties. Always no questions asked.

Today I was shocked to find out American Standard requires proof of purchase. They claim the warranty is only valid to the original owner. However, after asking more questions they say if you sell the house and give the receipt to the new owner, the warranty is still good.

Bottom line, their "lifetime warranty" is nowhere near as good as everybody else's and in my opinion mostly worthless.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen, Delta, and Kenmore water heaters, for example, are the same way. I just had to send Delta a copy of my home's sales/construction contract to prove that I was the original "owner" of the faucets.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Not in my experience.

A few months ago I called Moen for a replacement on a kitchen faucet part. They sent me an ENTIRE new faucet, no questions asked. I have no recent experience with Delta.

No water heaters, as far as I know, have a lifetime warranty. So I'm not sure how your comment about Kenmore relates to this issue.

Export!

DIY Member
Reaction score
Moen seems to be very good (my experience in Canada). If I pull apart a leaky faucet for example, I can bring the cartridge to a hardware store and they just take the old one and hand me a new one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When, or a customer call Moen for parts they ALWAYS ask if it is for the original purchaser. Kenmore heaters, if they fail duing the warranty period, are NOT covered by any warranty if it is not for the original purchaser. They register the heater when you buy it so they KNOW who the purchaser was. There are "lifetime" heaters and one of my customers bought a house partly because it had a Kenmore lifetime water heater. When it failed, Sears told them that the warranty expired when they bought the house. But it would have been the same if it were a 6 year heater and failed within that time frame.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks