Basement rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

daechuyl

Reaction score
I have an ejector system roughed in for my basement. Planning to finish the bath and realized that the plumber put only one vent coming into the basement and it will be used for the ejector pit.

I tried several times to attach a picture but it would not work so here is a rough diagram that I hope makes sense.

______________ Bath
Pit ________________ /_________________ Toilet
\____ Sink

Can the sink vent the whole bathroom? I could figure out how to turn the bath back into the wall but the toilet is ready for the toilet to be set.
This is a new state (Indiana) for me and I am used to vents going the roof and at a vent coming off the toilet. This house has AVVs on the second floor which make it hard to tie into an existing vent stack.

I am also looking at putting in a small bar sink on the other side of the room with a sink pump. Venting once again an issue. Can I vent the pump into a 3 inch horizontal line? Upstream is the kitchen, laundry and the one vent that goes through the roof. Unfortunately it is 20 feet horizontal and 25 feet vertical through two floors to tie into that.

Any help is appreciated.

daechuyl

Reaction score
Looked and my diagram did not work. Going out from the pit the tub is the first wy, then the sink and about 2 ft from there the toilet comes up with an elbow. All under the slab with a 12x12 box in the cement for the bath trap and plumbing.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A common ejector pit vent is 2". Ask your inspector if the fixtures can share that vent or if it must be separate.

daechuyl

Reaction score
That would make it easy but my understanding is that code requires the ejector pit to be on its own dedicated vent to the roof. Not sure of the reason for the requirement but I try to meet code even if I do not understand.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Ask your plumbing inspector. Your understanding of the code might not be the same as theirs.

Once a vent is 6" higher than the flood rim of the highest fixture you can run it horizontally. This may allow you to pick a more ideal place to run a new vent if need be.

daechuyl

Reaction score
I have left several messages for the inspector but no call back. Anyone familiar with Indiana Code and could let me know if it was ok to tie into an ejector vent?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks