s-trap trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

kdenault

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect an s-trap to a new bathroom sink--and I think I got the pieces confused. It seems that one of the curved joint pieces has one threaded end and the other end just has some kind of lip on it. The other curved joint piece has two threaded ends. Which piece connects to the drain assembly of the sink (threaded or unthreaded) and which piece connects to the waste pipe? Also, how do you connect the unthreaded end to the other piece with provided slip joint nut-thing? HELP!

Kathy :eek:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If you bought a new S-trap it should have everything you need to connect it. S-traps are illegal in my area so I don't have much info to give regarding that application. I have replaced them though and most times the 2 bends look similar but through a couple tries you'll find that there is one certain way they match up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"S" trap

We would almost have to see a picture of the trap. The piece with two threads would be the one that attaches to the sink drain, but the other piece should either have a long straight outlet, or if it has a thread to attach to a separate straight piece, it should have a "captive" slip nut to enable it to attach to the other piece. In any case the assembly should be self evident as to how it goes together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks