double sink garbage disposer with drain behind disposer

Users who are viewing this thread

Amelia

Reaction score
The actual install of the new disposer where there wasn't previously one wasn't too tough for this new DIY'er. Putting the plumbing back is proving to be challenging. I have found tons of diagrams of double sinks with the garbage disposer but none of which showing the drain connection behind the disposer. Is this unheard of? My disposer is installed on the left side of the double sink, which happens to be where the drain connection is. The disposer connection is about 7 inches higher than the drain connection in the wall. There isn't much room behind the disposer, the distance from the drain connection to the bottom of the disposer is about 9 inches which doesn't leave much room for plumbing connections. The wye is too large, for example. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry about the crude drawing. Needless to say I am neither a plumber or an artist by day.

Attachments

• dbl basin.jpg
    dbl basin.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 624
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks