Toto Nexus

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheryl2

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little advice please. I've read Terry's forum a few times in the last couple of months, read the MAP reports, and anything else I could find and I'm finding it all a little overwhelming - maybe too much info- the forum favours totos, the MAP does not. I also went out to look at some of the totos. I liked the looks of the nexus - ADA height and skirted as well (both are factors due to aging etc). But of all the totos they don't report so well on the MAP. I couldn't find anything here on the Nexus either.
:confused:

Any info on the Nexus (good or bad) would be appreciated.

cst794_door.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The MAP test uses plastic coated paste 'sausages'. Don't know anyone who dumps them into the bowl. Both the designer of the test and Terry here agree that anything over 500g is plenty. the only issue a few people have, is if they have a medical condition that produces large, hard stools, a larger trap-way may be required. Some manufacturers have figured out how to make the test look good on their product. That doesn't mean it works well in the real world. Some of them splash (ugh!) or have lousy bowl wash, potentially leaving skid marks. While that's possible, and more prevalent on the lower volume of water required on all new toilets (some of the old ones used up to 7 gallons!), some toilets are much better than others handling this.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have a few customers that keep buying the Nexus from me.
Heck, one of them even drives down from Canada to buy them.
They're nice.

nexus_wood_seat.jpg

nexus_faucet_1.jpg

Nexus faucet

Last edited:

Cheryl2

Reaction score
thanx

I have an info sheet on the Nexus - says it has a glazed trapway - what's the difference between this and "CEFIONTECT"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks