vanity clearance

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetlag

Reaction score
I'm looking at figure R307.1 in the IRC and it shows a 4" space between a vanity and a wall on the end. Does that mean you cant put a vanity against a wall ? I think that would be for a sink or narrow vanity. I'm planning to put 48" vanity between two walls. It seems there would be a min from the center of the bowl , not the edge of the sink or vanity.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
They are showing lavs in that figure (not vanities). You should have no problem putting the vanity up against the wall. Just make sure you have 4" between the wall and the closest edge of the lav.

I'm not a pro, but this is my understanding. I have seen many cases (including my own home) where the vanity is against the wall(s)

Jetlag

Reaction score
They are showing lavs in that figure (not vanities). You should have no problem putting the vanity up against the wall. Just make sure you have 4" between the wall and the closest edge of the lav.

I'm not a pro, but this is my understanding. I have seen many cases (including my own home) where the vanity is against the wall(s)

I think thats right it must be a lav. I think I saw somwhere where center of bowl must be 15" .from wall

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is not a good idea to put a vanity so close to the wall that you can never clean in there. Run it all the way to the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks