Pink Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY Duder

Reaction score
I'm not going to be doing any large remodels in this bathroom and really don't want to change much. But I've changed 2 of the 3 toilets in my house and this is the last 5gpf pig. Only problem is it's pink, so is the tub and the 2 sinks and the toilet is right between them. So naturally I like to keep it the same. Tiles are all pink too. It's an old American Standard 4049 model installed in 1963. My mom and everyone else thinks it looks fantastic in there lol. It looks like Kohler is the only one that makes pink any more. Any know of any other companies that make pinks? If not, what Kohler would rate up towards the top without spending $800 or something like that?

toilets-pink.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I'm not going to be doing any large remodels in this bathroom and really don't want to change much. But I've changed 2 of the 3 toilets in my house and this is the last 5gpf pig. Only problem is it's pink, so is the tub and the 2 sinks and the toilet is right between them. So naturally I like to keep it the same. Tiles are all pink too. It's an old American Standard 4049 model installed in 1963. My mom and everyone else thinks it looks fantastic in there lol. It looks like Kohler is the only one that makes pink any more. Any know of any other companies that make pinks? If not, what Kohler would rate up towards the top without spending $800 or something like that?

I appreciate your concern with wasting water but I agree with with your mom:D Maybe you could restrict your refill tube some and save alittle water.

pink toilet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Really all you have to do is decide what your priorities are. A pink toilet that is subject to frequent clogging and likely expensive to repair, or a toilet that may not be color coordinated but works like a toilet should with virtually no clogging and inexpensive repair parts. (All toilets need new flappers, and etc. occasionally) I know what I would do, but this is your decision and you have to go with your feelings.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I was growing up, we had a pink and a green bathroom.

Just the other day we replaced a pink toilet for a customer.
At least you can still get pink ones, that's good information for those with pink tile and tubs.

wall_hung_pink.jpg

We pulled this pink wall hung toilet out on 1/8/2014

Last edited:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score

At least you can still get pink ones, that's good information for those with pink tile and tubs.

If you ever need a toilet lid terry let me know,I keep all the old ones I find. I have a complete Kolher harvest gold elongated toilet and a few others. I've sold a few on an auction site for over 100.00. I'd basically give one to you for shipping. Keep on Plumbing brother:D
I do not sell lids typically....I had been hurt and needed some quick cash.

Last edited:

DIY Duder

Reaction score

What did you sell him?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks