Copper piping for pedestal sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg98

Reaction score
I'm remodeling my bathroom - I don't now much about remodeling, but luckily I know even less about plumbing. :D

The copper piping for my old sink came straight up through the floor and was hidden by a vanity. I'm installing a pedestal sink, so I'm moving the 1/2 inch pipes behind the walls.

Question: Any best practices/common sense/code regarding how high up the wall they should come out?

Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The safest thing is to pick the sink first. Most will have a diagram that shows both the recommended height and the spread of the supplies from the centerline. Then, compare it with the faucet you choose, since many have attached supply hoses and you want them to reach. Generic numbers often work, but can be a compromise. The same thing is true with the drain line. If you want it hidden by the pedestal, you have to put it where they say, or it can be tough.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Really?

quoe; I don't now much about remodeling, but luckily I know even less about plumbing. :D

Some would say that you would be foolish, rather than lucky, to know so little about plumbing and still decide to plunge ahead with the project.

Greg98

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

So hj, do you really think sweating copper piping is that difficult? This is existing piping, and as far as I can see it's a matter of cutting, fitting, sweating and checking to make sure everything is secure and I don't have any leaks.

I've read a lot, watched videos, checked to make sure I have all the necessary tools, etc. Worst case scenario I figure if I screw up somehow I can call a plumber and have him fix my mistake(s). Am I missing something?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks