Where to buy trip lever for Toto Drake ST743S?

Users who are viewing this thread

geepondy

Reaction score
The plastic piece right on the lever itself broke after less then three years of use. Where is a good place to buy a replacement? Are they available at Home Depot or Lowes or do I need to buy online? Mine has the silver metal lever and I looked at one place online and they wanted $52 for a replacement. Yikes, are they really that expensive? Also the flapper leaks a little bit sometimes. If I reflush it or move it slightly, the leaking usually stops. I don't think it started leaking until I started using the chlorine drop in disks. Are they bad for the toilet innards?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know where to get the trip lever nor how much they are, but I will tell you that you have ruined the flapper and any other rubber innards of the toilet. NEVER use any kind of chemical in a toilet tank. Don't believe the ad hype the manufactures put on them, they always will eat up the insides of your toilet.

Micp879

Reaction score
Listen to what Gary is saying. Those chlorine tablets are one of the worst possible things you can do to your toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Don't use Chlorine in the tank, it does this below.
The tank levers are $20 for the ST743S and E tanks.

Or you can pick up a side mount Eljer style lever at a home center.
With a brass rod, you may need to do some bending.
The place that sold you the toilet should have trip levers.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33472

st743s_chlorine.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks