Copper waterline problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric_ht

Reaction score
The copper water lines in my house have been developing pin holes in them. Over the past three years, two or three a year have been appearing. The lines are approximately 30 years old and I do have well water. Is it normal for this to happen to copper after this long? Does the well water have an affect on it. I'm considering replacing with cpvc. Any other advice?

Thanks

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
The ph levels are off in your well water; if it is eating through your copper piping imagine what it is doing to your health. CPVC only masks your problem, you'll have to change out all your faucets with copper components if you are going to do it. You need to have a test done on your water to see what can be done to fix your problem, and know how to address it. Switching piping is masking the issue, not going to the root of the evil. There are track records of copper piping that are STILL in homes built in the early 50's. Your problem is your water. Let us know the results of your testing. :D

ePIPE

Reaction score
Copper water lines

Eric_ht said:
The copper water lines in my house have been developing pin holes in them. Over the past three years, two or three a year have been appearing. The lines are approximately 30 years old and I do have well water. Is it normal for this to happen to copper after this long? Does the well water have an affect on it. I'm considering replacing with cpvc. Any other advice?

Thanks
There is a company called Ace Duraflo that relines copper pipe with epoxy to prohibit leaks. fixmypipes.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks