Floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudball

Reaction score
We are having rough in drains for under slab. There is going to be a floor drain and it is not hooked to anything but rather just running out to daylight. It currently has a running p-trap that is going to be removed because we think it will cause trouble later. We still want to be able to keep the bugs out as well as cool air. Here is a link to what I think we need...
http://www.trapguard.com/Brochures/Trap Guard Price List.pdf
They only sell them in cartons and I really would like to buy the complete drain assembly. Does anyone know of another website or another similar design or is this something that most supply houses sell?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The trap guard is to prevent soap suds from coming out of the drain.
At least that was for the original trap guard.

I see from this link, they they believe that it replaces a p-trap
http://www.trapguard.com/

If you feel that it would be of benefit to use Trap Guard® on one or more of your projects and you don't believe that specific approval has been granted in your area, you still have the option of specifying and installing it based on the above FTC mandate and the documentation proving equivalency.
TG%20Cutaway%20photo.jpg

If it were my home, or one I was plumbing for someone else, it would get a p-trap.
The p-trap would then need a trap primer, which could be a water metering fitting, or from a tee on a sink tailpiece that gets regular use.
That would keep the trap primed.

Last edited:

Mudball

Reaction score
or from a tee on a sink tailpiece that gets regular use.
That would keep the trap primed.

I will talk to the plumber as I believe this is an option he mentioned as well. The master bathroom sink and utility sink will be no more than 3 feet away.
Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

There is going to be a floor drain and it is not hooked to anything but rather just running out to daylight.
Since this is going to "daylight" a backwater valve outdoors at the end of it would do everything you need, with little extra expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks