Basics....pulling a bath faucet help

Users who are viewing this thread

spetrucco

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Cant seem to find anything that reveals how to remove this faucet as the hot side is leaking. Looked underneath but it is clearly bolted from the top.
Cant find a brand anywhere either.
Is this simply a job for a handle puller ? If so how to do it and not scratch the chrome.
see pic

Thanks in advance.
-Shawn

IMG_0031.jpg

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
ugh, my mother has that same model at her house, the innards are plastic and the handles get loose over time, and I am too busy fixing other stuff to care about getting replacement parts for it! I hate it!!!!!!!! lol

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen

As Terry said, the large "bulge" unscrews which removes the handle. BUT, there are no "washers" to replace so you need a new stem unit before you do it. SOMETIMES, that "bulge" is so tight you have to destroy it with a large wrench to get it off, the you call Moen and have them send you new ones. This is not a problem with the newer ones, however.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks