PDA

View Full Version : Police shot in Lakewood WA

Terry
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Four police were shot while having morning coffee in Lakewood WA

The Seattle area lost a policeman in the last month.
The news this morning is another shock.

More of the story here
http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstories/story/973636.html

My prayers go out to their families.

master plumber mark
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
my prayers go out to their families too...

is that near you??.

he better turn himself in before they find him...

on second thought.......

Redwood
11-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Mark, I think its about 30-40 miles from Terry.

Its a sad day for police when they lose 4 in one incident...:eek:

FloridaOrange
11-29-2009, 05:26 PM
on second thought.......

I would second that, as that would be the best closure. A bullet is a lot cheaper than a trial.

RIP

Dunbar Plumbing
11-29-2009, 06:57 PM
They are saying there was an accomplice, and the guy who did it was a former police officer?

Rumors I'm sure, but there's certainly a method of reprisal that's the reason for this event.

Gary Swart
11-29-2009, 10:37 PM
No, the former police officer is the owner of the shop.

Cass
11-30-2009, 04:36 AM
They are pretty sure they got the guy cornered...he is has been shot...

master plumber mark
11-30-2009, 04:52 AM
They are pretty sure they got the guy cornered...he is has been shot...

good ,
I hope they cant revive him to stand trial

Peanut9199
11-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Now you know why Police don't want you getting out of the car.

Never know when one is a crazy.

My thoughts go out to the families.

Terry
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Today's Seattle Times is full of updates.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

They have a person of interest,

Suspect released in Arkansas after claiming he had changed (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010389064_webclemency01m.html)

Thatguy
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
I asked a former cop how some guy could get the drop on four police officers.
He told me of several ways that it could easily be done.

Terry
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
I asked a former cop how some guy could get the drop on four police officers.
He told me of several ways that it could easily be done.

Really the one thing the US has had going for it, has been the cooperation between people.
We as a culture give others their space and respect.

It's not hard being a bully, which is the case here, where it's almost a random incident, a lone guy walks into a coffee shop, like everyone else for that matter.
Nobody's going to look twice at someone in a coffee shop.
It's sanctuary there, getting your cup of Joe, and catching up on the news.
The tough job, is trying to help others, and being thrown into known risky situations. That's what police do, every day.
It's just a darn shame.

Peter Griffin
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Holy moley Terry, they just said on the news that that guy is right in your back yard. I'd be loading up

Terry
11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
they just said on the news that that prick is right in your back yard. I'd be loading up

When I went to Washington DC to do some plumbing for my brother, I was shopping at a hardware store where the DC Sniper had picked off a customer. That was kind of creepy.
My son was working in one of the neighborhoods today, where they they they had this guy cornered.
Not caught yet, as far as I can see.

I like to sit facing the room too.

master plumber mark
12-01-2009, 04:26 AM
I like to sit facing the room too.
Unless I'm at Hectors in Kirkland.
Last time there, I was telling Cathy we were getting the corner table that faces outside. I had a newspaper with me.
We got it.

I have a freind that is a former police officer and we go to lunch on fridays...

He always takes the seat in the very back corner of the place and he always sits with his back to the wall sitting faceing out towards the entrance ...so he can see who is comming in..

Cass
12-01-2009, 04:32 AM
About 7:00AM EST Tues. it was reported that the suspect was shot and killed...they got him this time...

Redwood
12-01-2009, 07:24 AM
About 7:00AM EST Tues. it was reported that the suspect was shot and killed...they got him this time...

Yep no trial needed!:D

Terry
12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Maurice Clemmons, the suspect in the Lakewood police slayings, was killed by a lone Seattle police officer investigating a stolen car.

One of my guys, Sleen, lives three houses down from where he was shot.
So he came in a bit late this morning.
The satellite trucks were in the street out front, he could look at his front door and see the same newscaster out front as what he was seeing on television.

2:45 AM
A policeman found a stolen car, investigated, a person walked up to the car, who turned out to be Clemmons.
http://www.twitvid.com/ACAE1

Gary Swart
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
There can't be a happy ending to this story, but given the nature of the killings, there couldn't be a better ending. I'm sure many of us would have been happy to pull the trigger on this creature. Good riddance!

Ian Gills
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Another thing I do not understand about America is that everyone thinks it's OK that:

the suspect in the Lakewood police slayings, was killed by a lone Seattle police officer

What about innocent until proven guilty?

It all sounds like shoot first-ask questions later to me.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna get out of my car.

On a separate note, I did not know a Washington State plumbing license was valid in Washington DC :)

When I went to Washington DC to do some plumbing for my brother

I guess we're all one and the same. More power to Washington, that's what I say!

Terry
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM
When I went to Washington DC to do some plumbing for my brother

Oh no, his US office is in Washington DC
He lives in Virginia.
It was plumbing repairs in an older home.
Someone has to keep those washers and seats replaced.
I haven't seen his London and Geneva offices yet.

When I was there to visit my brother in DC before, it was when he was still working with Ralph Nader and coffee breaks were in the basement.

And Ian,
Stay in the car.

FloridaOrange
12-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Yep no trial needed!:D

Since, as a civilized society, we can't torture those who are 100% guilty, I see this as the best possible outcome.

Doherty Plumbing
12-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Another thing I do not understand about America is that everyone thinks it's OK that:

What about innocent until proven guilty?

It all sounds like shoot first-ask questions later to me.

I'm not even American but I also think this is ok. The guy walks in to a coffee shop in front of a bunch of people and executes 4 people point blank.

I'd kill the guy too. He is clearly guilty and very dangerous and that good Police officer just saved America from that useless cull costing them a fortune in a trial(s) and jail terms.

I bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Gary Swart
12-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Ian, read the whole story if possible. I know this probably does not have as much press coverage where you are as it does here in Washington State, but the person was IDed from his photos. Moreover, he approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer. In case you missed this tidbit, he had a bullet in his gut from one of the slain officers that would have killed him eventually. There is and was no doubt of this man's guilty. As I wrote in another answer to one of your questions, when given a lawful order by a police officer, you'd better obey. Now days failure to do so would more likely result in being shot with a Tazer or having a dog released than a 9mm bullet, but when the need arises, deadly force is a possibility.

Peanut9199
12-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Clemmons, an ex-convict facing a potential prison term on child-rape and assault charges, was armed with a handgun taken from one of the Lakewood officers, police said.

If anyone deserved to be shot....

Ian Gills
12-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Can I just say that I am glad I do not live in the 'Wild West', that I now take to include Washington State.

FloridaOrange
12-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Ian, I'd be willing to be the MD and surrounding area cops are much more trigger happy than Washington State. I've been through some of the hoods of Maryland and they were anything but merry.

master plumber mark
12-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Personally, I could care less wether they had all this on video or not......

I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut....

maybe the family of this criminal can sue the
city of Seattle for not "tazering" this fellow...instead of killing him

he was only the "alleged" shooter....and we got to worry about his civil rights.

------------------------------------------------------

Ian.....
and whats the matter with the wild west??.

I think that they should have put a bounty on this skums head of 100k, dead or alive to who ever drags his ugly carcas in first.....

we could clean up the streets a lot quicker that way..... and it would give a lot of un-employed people a job too...:D..

Redwood
12-02-2009, 09:28 AM
He approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer.

Ian, this is exactly why when stopped by police you comply with their demands.
It is for their safety as well as yours.

1 bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Actually the cost of a bullet is probably around 60 cents on up to a couple of bucks depending on the size and quality. In any case it was a good investment that saves the taxpayers the cost of the trial and incarceration.

Ian a question for you...
In England are the bobbies packing pistols these days or, are they still just twirling batons like a majorette. :rolleyes:

http://www.buckeye50.com/2006-11-18_Michigan_Majorette.jpg

http://www.warwicks.com.au/images/uniforms/police/bobby.jpg

Kinda like bringing a knife to a gunfight...
I fail to see the wisdom of thinking any criminal is going to have any respect for the law regardless of what country you are in...
The logic of that thought process completely eludes me!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Redwood39/04387ef2.jpg

Terry
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I think it's always a good idea to have things on video.

There was an older case of a jail incident in Seattle captured on video that was released.
Sometimes things happen that shouldn't.
If things are on the up and up, video will show that.

Video does protect both sides.
There has alway been a need for the check and balance.
It extends all the way up the chain too.

That's why we have separate arms of government.

But it doesn't help many people feeling sorry for this guy, knowing he was bragging to friends that he was going to be on television soon for killing cops.

Redwood
12-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut...

Funny how you mention that Mark...
A while back I was called for jury duty...
I considered it a waste of my time because I knew I would never be picked to serve on a jury...

Lets just say that my dad is a retired cop...
I knew all his buddies and was on good terms with them...
I served for 26 years on the volunteer fire department and knew many of the younger cops in town after he retired...
I was friends with a large number of them including some that were neighbors and friends from school....

In fact one day I subdued a drunk who was trashing a restaurant and had him pinned to the floor keeping him from doing anything else when the police showed up. The cop a friend of mine peeked into the room and saw that I had him under control signaled to me that he was there and just to keep doing what i was doing then ducked out of sight to avoid inflaming the drunk. When several other officers arrived for back up they came in and worked around me to get him in cuffs then finally said I could get off him.

It was pretty simple to them who the bad guy was and who wasn't without any doubt in their mind...

Serving in a case involving a drug dealer with many previous convictions who was arrested for a drive by shooting whose defense was the police set him up just wasn't going to find an impartial juror with me...

In fact he was already guilty in my mind...
And I couldn't wait to get him in that place where people would again be safe from him...

They obviously needed to find a group of people that truly either kept their head in the sand or could be inflamed by the race wild card...

I was excused after a couple of minutes....

Fortunately, I have since received some advice from a customer who was a former state police officer who is now working as a bailiff at the courthouse on what I should say if I ever am selected again for jury duty...

I would love to be selected for a trial where I may impartially weigh the evidence and determine who I believed was the most credible witness in a trial....:rolleyes:

I think the video is a great tool that will leave no doubt in anyones mind that the officer acted properly and the shooting will rapidly return the officer to duty protecting and serving the good citizens of the city...

Ian Gills
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/09/12/1225772/140863-dtstory-london-riots.jpg

Ian Gills
12-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.

frenchie
12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.

Um... actually... when you're in prison, you get free health care.

Redwood
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/09/12/1225772/140863-dtstory-london-riots.jpg

Ian they are getting ready to bust down the door to a meth lab and the people inside have 3 AK-47's.

I'd like to see your bobbies go in that door with a stick... LOL

They'd have to have a deathwish....

Its a little higher threat level than a drunken hooligan raisin hell after a football match...

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 03:58 AM
You're right Redwood. There's a lot less meth use outside of America.

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.

FloridaOrange
12-03-2009, 04:20 AM

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.

Yet meth use is rising in the UK in an "alarming" rate.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1578760/Police-say-crystal-meth-use-rising-in-UK.html

Do bobbies bust the door down with a stick and a cool looking hat?

Cass
12-03-2009, 04:33 AM

Yes Yes...we must not lower their self esteem...god forbid...while were at it we should give them a car, gasoline (petrol), day care, dental, medical, food, heat, water, and lights...have I forgotten anything...oh yes a little spending $$$$

Redwood
12-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Yet meth use is rising in the UK in an "alarming" rate.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1578760/Police-say-crystal-meth-use-rising-in-UK.html

Do bobbies bust the door down with a stick and a cool looking hat?

That just shows Ian has lost touch with his Utopian Society...

Cass, I like that new signature....

frenchie
12-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/1/7/8/7/2/i/4/7/5/o/Police_armed_uk.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/3/31/1238499867187/G20-Armed-policeman-patro-001.jpg

Heckler & Koch, I think?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/policemanmp5contrastlowBWbordere-2.jpg

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Our Police are properly trained to use firearms and they don't get to take them home.

Less God and more Government, that's what I say.

Don't feed that man and he will have to go fishing...

Or he will bust your arse by trying to steal from you and your family. Which means you need a gun. Which means he needs a gun. Which means the police need guns. Which means society here has become cowardly.

FloridaOrange
12-03-2009, 07:54 AM
So, being a part of society now, when are you getting a gun Ian? :D I wouldn't live in MD without one.

Redwood
12-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/1/7/8/7/2/i/4/7/5/o/Police_armed_uk.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/3/31/1238499867187/G20-Armed-policeman-patro-001.jpg

Heckler & Koch, I think?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/paulyrichard/policemanmp5contrastlowBWbordere-2.jpg

OMG they almost look like some kinda paramilitary force...
Body Armor and all those automatic weapons....
They aren't even raiding a meth lab, they are just patrolling the street....

Good thing you're over here Ian...

The UK certainly appears to be in a rapid decline into lawlessness....:eek:

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't live in MD without one.

Not required. I own a Sawzall. Like I say, I prefer the personal touch. And most remodelling tools could provide that.

Propane torch, stanley knife, sledge hammer....the list goes on.

FloridaOrange
12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I will agree with that Ian. I love anything that can double as a good weapon...heavy screwdriver, hammer, 1932 replica Zippo.

http://www.slomos-lighter.de/replica/Zippo-org-1932-rep-used-box.jpg

Cass
12-03-2009, 11:16 AM
One of the best defensive weapons you can get at any big box or hardware store is a can of wasp spray...they shoot 20-25 feet and after you have sprayed their face, head, Etc. you threaten to ignite them with a lighter...if they are still standing...

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Great, so can we all agree, even the Conservatives among us, to ban guns now?

master plumber mark
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Ian, maybe you could throw a cigaratte lighter at this big bastard..

then he will bounce your limey ass around like a basket ball.....LOL.......

King season is over, and since I had a day off before silvers start, I thought I would go for a walk! This occurred at 11:16 am this morning (Sunday), just 2/10 of a mile from my house.

ON OUR ROAD while walking my dogs (ironically trying to get in shape for hunting season!) for the record, this is in a residential area-not back in the woods . . . No bow hunting . . . No stealth occurring . . . I heard a twig snap . . . And looked back . . . Full on charge-a huge brownie, ears back, head low and motorin' full speed! Came with zero warning; no Woof, no popping of the teeth, no standing up, nothing like what you think or see on TV! It charged from less than 20 yards and was on me in about one-second! Totally surreal . . . I just started shooting in the general direction . . . And praise God that my second shot (or was it my third?) rolled him at 5 feet and he skidded to a stop 10 feet BEYOND where I was shooting from . . . I actually sidestepped him and fell over backwards on the last shot . . . And his momentum carried him to a stop past where I fired my first shot!

It was a prehistoric old boar .. . . No teeth . . . No fat . . . Weighed between 900-1000 Lbs and took five men to DRAG it onto a tilt-bed trailer! Big bear . . . Its Paw measured out at about a 9 1/2 footer!

Never-ever-thought 'it' would happen to me! It's always some other smuck . . . Right?

Well, no bull .. . . I am still high on adrenaline . . . With my gut in a knot (felt like I did 10,000 crunches without stopping)! Almost puked for an hour after . . . Had the burps and couldn't even stand up as the troopers conducted their investigation! Totally wiped me out . . . can't even put that feeling into words . . . By far the most emotion I have ever felt at once!

No doubt that God was with me, as I brought my Ruger .454 Casull (and some "hot" 350 grain solids) just for the heck of it . . . And managed to draw and snap shoot (pointed, never even aimed!) from the hip! Total luck shot!

All I can say is Praise God for my safety and for choosing to leave the wife and kids at home on this walk!

Redwood
12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Great, so can we all agree, even the Conservatives among us, to ban guns now?

I'll tell you what Ian...

You are free not to own a gun if that is your wishes...

Just don't think about infringing on my rights to have them...

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
One day that right will be removed Redwood.

One glorious day.

Then you'll have to make do with the cold chisel like the rest of us.

FloridaOrange
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
One day that right will be removed Redwood.

One glorious day.

Then you'll have to make do with the cold chisel like the rest of us.

That's when guns will be needed the most, we will be on the verge of civil war. Taking an American's gun is like taking a bloke's fish and chips.

Ian Gills
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
The egalitarian world view now considered politically correct makes us uneasy with the idea that one individual is better than the rest of us. But having eaten fish and chips, I can tell you that blokes are better than gun owners.

I'd take your gun, but I challenge anyone to pry my fish 'n' chips "from my cold, dead hands."

Peanut9199
12-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Wow, Mark, that had to be frigtening. I can relate to that. I never had a bear chase us at our camp in the mountains but it has always been on my mind especially, when the kids were little, I made sure I kept them close. So far, they have been friendly, but it is an animal and if little ones of their's were around... is not good.

I can imagine your fear quite well. Some of those bears can be amazingly huge. We used to call my young son, Bear Bait, because he always spotted the bears first. Black bears. I once thought one was stump until, it started walking, lol. So, they can blend in quite well with the scenary.

They can be friendly but they can be scary, and God forbid if they are hungry. Glad you are alright. I only walked with my scattergun or my shotgun. And, once almost had to shoot one because of something stupid my husband tried. It was his life or my husband's but happily the bear got back down on 4's and walked away leaving my husband alone.

It wasn't Mark unless he used to live in Soldatna, Alaska.
The story has been going for a couple of years and this is supposed to be the photo of the bear and guy.

Some people question if he was out with his dogs why they didn't start barking there heads off and it was him who heard a twig snap before the bear starting charging.

Terry
12-04-2009, 09:44 AM
If any of you are still interested in the Police incident, they are now finding that Clemmons is a person of interest in at least a dozen armed robberies in the last year.
These robberies were commented by two people, so it's more then just him.

Redwood
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Hopefully his robbery partner doesn't wig out and start shooting cops...:eek:

I guess from what I've read a bunch of his family was helping him hide out even after he killed the cops...
Have any of them been arrested yet?

Terry
12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Hopefully his robbery partner doesn't wig out and start shooting cops...:eek:

I think he's in custody.
What is happening, is they are starting to put more information together that is linking some unsolved cases.

People are going, "Oh that name, we've come accross that name before."

master plumber mark
12-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Cookie...
that was just an e-mail I got from one of my freinds..

wether it be a true story or just a tall tale,,,,

I will never know for sure.....

but its a big boy

and even if you just ran across this bear dead on the trail
that . you were hikeing on....
it would probably scare the hell out of you.....

I just thought of Ian with his billey club,
and how well he would fare with it....

also ,, I am much better looking that that fellow

Ian Gills
12-04-2009, 01:47 PM
If any of you are still interested in the Police incident, they are now finding that Clemmons is a person of interest in at least a dozen armed robberies in the last year.

That would be useful information in a court of law, if the Police hadn't already killed him.

I just thought of Ian with his billey club, and how well he would fare with it....

Every dad teaches his son that, to be a man, you use your fists to wrestle a bear Mark.

You should only use a weapon, like a stick, if you're out-numbered.

I almost got into a fight today. Something happened that I would never expect to happen in America although I would have expected it from the English (and definitely the Irish - even a best friend who happens to be Irish because if it ain't tied down the Irish just can't resist).

Anyway, I was loading my vehicle at the supply house and had just removed my set square to put in last, so I propped it up against a wall. It was there for some time. The next thing I see is some bloke picking it up, and trying to put it in the back of his truck! Everyone around me was amazed. I thought people had greater integrity here.

I got it back though. :)

master plumber mark
12-04-2009, 03:25 PM
we were never taught to fight here in the Usa like over in England... its taboo,

it seems like a cultural difference..... or maybe their are just more bullies here and only pick on people weaker and smaller than them...

I dont know..

I do know that I still got all my original teeth.

Ian Gills
12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I wish I still had all my teeth.

You do have great dental here though. Sure makes up for the lousy plumbers!

Cass
12-05-2009, 05:03 AM
The egalitarian world view now considered politically correct makes us uneasy with the idea that one individual is better than the rest of us. But having eaten fish and chips, I can tell you that blokes are better than gun owners.

I'd take your gun, but I challenge anyone to pry my fish 'n' chips "from my cold, dead hands."

The problem with that scenario is that I would just squeeze a couple of rounds off and then take and eat your fish and chips...knowing you don't have a gun...

I guess you are not a student of history...

Cass
12-05-2009, 05:05 AM
I belong to the greatest and largest minority...the individual...so I should get all the rights and more since minority's get all the special rights...

Ian Gills
12-05-2009, 08:16 AM
The problem with that scenario is that I would just squeeze a couple of rounds off and then take and eat your fish and chips...knowing you don't have a gun...

I guess you are not a student of history...

You would not stand a chance against an Englishman Cass. Not a chance.

Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s&feature=fvw

Terry
12-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I think the video proves Cass's point.
The one with the big fish wins.

Redwood
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I think the video proves Cass's point.
The one with the big fish wins.

Peace through superior firepower!:cool:

master plumber mark
12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
That video gives me the feeling that
most Englishman are a little

light in the loafers...;):rolleyes:

Ian Gills
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM
And you are nearly levitating Mark.

To my knowledge, a lot more American men wear lighter colored loafers than Englishmen. We like our loafers destinctively dark colored.