PDA

View Full Version : Basement Bathroom Rough-In

idoc4u
11-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I am intending to cut my 4" thick 2 year old concrete basement floor in order to relocate the roughed in shower drain and toilet flange.

My plan is to cut the concrete with a 7" diamond tipped circular saw blade after spreading some water on the floor to help minimize friction.

Once I cut and remove the concrete and the make necessary plumbing adjustments, my plan is to place vapor barrier over the area and cover with concrete.

My question; is there a certain brand or mix of concrete I should use and how stiff should I mix the concrete that I pour?

Thank you for the replys.

donfenyk
12-23-2009, 09:41 AM
you can just get a high strenth concrete premix from Lowes or Home Depot and you will be fine.

frenchie
12-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Don't mix it too wet - "pour" is just a figure of speech, and a misleading one. "Place" is a more accurate term.

jimbo
12-24-2009, 02:59 PM
"spreading some water on the floor" is not going to help. You really need a small but continuous flow to the blade.

donfenyk
12-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I used a hose with a spray nozzle with just enough spray to keep down the dust. I had a second person hold the hose. I know its probably not the safest thing since i used an electric saw- but it worked just fine and there was almost no dust.

Use a good Diamond blade