Faulty Sump Pump Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

mark5767

Reaction score
The switch started sticking on my main pump (a 6 year old Flotech Ironmate 1/2 HP) so I picked up a replacement at a big box store for around $48...

IMG_3570.jpg

Well this switch didn't work at all. Instead of the contact remaining in the on position as the float drifted down to the stopper, it consistently fell out of contact as soon as the float dropped away causing the pump to cycle on and off every 2 seconds. Very bad.

At first I was thinking it was a cheapo Flotech switch but it appears to be a SJE Verticalmaster 8VMII1WP. Does anyone know if this is a cheaper version of the better Verticalmaster switches? Would I be better off ordering a higher quality switch online?

After reading this forum I decided to replace the old Flotech with a Zoeller M53 which has it's own switch, but I have 2 sump pits so I'll keep the Flotech pump as a main pump back up for the 2nd pit. But I need a working switch for this pump if it's going to be of any value!

Thanks for listening, great forum and info on here!

mark5767

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the old switch which appears to be a 10VM1WP model...

IMG_3573.jpg

This switch worked fine for 6 years of pretty active pumping, might need to get the exact same model number switch I suppose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks