Drake toilet water plumbing connection

Users who are viewing this thread

upstateNY222

Reaction score
My question is technical and is directed solely to the water connection at the toilet tank. I have always used bendable chrome copper tubing for connecting toilet tanks -- This Drake is my first connection to plastic, in the past all were solid Brass. Checking at my local DIY center I noticed (besides the fact that most are using flexible SS tubing) that bendable chrome tubing is available in 2 forms, a flat top version and a dome top version. I have always used the flat top version with solid Brass.

What is the specific use for each type ?? see photo

Attachments

• tubular types.JPG
    tubular types.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

upstateNY222

Reaction score
thank you.

Is there a preferred connection for the drake toilet - It's an ADA compliant replacement for a regular height 25 year old Kohler - the flat top chrome tubing length with bends is 9 3/4" - a 12" SS flexible is excessive and a 9" is too short?

upstateNY222

Reaction score
Thanks again - decided to use chrome bendable tubing now that I know which is the correct top. Since I have a tubing bender, inlet water supply was easily installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks