Moving a toilet (with a flat vent)

Users who are viewing this thread

winklebe

Reaction score
I have a toilet that I am attempting to move from one side of a wall to the other. The current set up has a drain running up the outside wall of the house from the basement the drain makes it to the second floor bathroom where it turns 90 and runs parallel to the floor for the length of the bathroom then turns 90 and head out the roof. (See the pics) If looking at the wall the drain is nearest the toilet was at the right side (about 3 feet from the 90 that turns and heads out the roof). I want to move the toilet to the left beside the outside wall of the house) I have been told that I would be creating a flat vent (and I am assuming that I have always had one) just now the length of the vent is more like 8' before making its turn to vertical (compared to the original 3') I have added a few pics below that show what I am working with.

winklebe23-01.jpg

winklebe23-02.jpg

I have a few questions.

1) Is it ok to have a "flat" vent this length?
2) If not... what size vent do I need?
3) Does the new vent need to be before the new Y or can it be after?
4) can I put a T in the 3" pipe and run it at a slight angle for 3 or 4 inches towards the wall then up between the studs of the wall in the Pics?

Thanks for all of the insight

Last edited by a moderator:

Dcelite

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.merchantcircle.com
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks