1 Week Old Shower - Water Pressure Disappeared?

Users who are viewing this thread

ClarendonCondo

Reaction score
Hi All-

Just redid my shower last week, I live in a 3 year old condo and took out the standard builders tub and replaced with a standing shower (re-tiled, rain shower head, new fixture/valve, etc.) and the shower was perfect....for a week.

Then yesterday, while showering, there was a large noise from the pipe (similar to what you hear when the water is cut off) and the water pressure dropped dramatically. The water pressure in the rest of my unit is fine, only in the shower has it disappeared.

Any suggestions? Could it be the valve? I don't want to trip out my tile and go behind the wall if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
What make shower faucet is it? It may be a simple fix.

John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, unscrew the shower head and turn the valve on to verify you get good flow. If you do, something is caught in the showerhead. If you don't, then you may have some crud caught in the valve. Depends on the valve model how to check or clear it out, but check for good flow to the showerhead arm first.

ClarendonCondo

Reaction score
Thanks, tried to do that but couldn't get the shower head off of the arm or the shower head off the connector. Is there some type of adhesive the plumber may have used to make sure it's tight (loctite?) and if so, what can I use to get it off?

It's only been on for a week, I'm surprised it's so hard to get it off.

Thanks again for the help.

ClarendonCondo

Reaction score
I have, but he only works during the week and removing the shower head should be pretty straight forward. I've left him a message and expect to hear from him on Monday.

I'm hoping it's just removing the shower head and cleaning it/grabbing something that was lose. I'm just surprised I can't remove the head myself.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the connector on the showerhead have any flat spots on it that would allow you to use a wrench on it? If not, then a strap wrench may work. Most showerheads with angle adjustments just turn on the connector.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks