PDA

View Full Version : water meter

mak123
10-15-2009, 09:12 AM
my water meter(2") is in vertical line, and some noises from it when water running, is this OK? or something wrong?

FloridaOrange
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
2" meter? Serving your house??

Is this a utility meter? Usually they are owned by the utility company. If so, call them and have someone service it. I haven't heard my meter making noises but that's not to say some designs don't.

Ian Gills
10-15-2009, 09:39 AM
When my meter was temporarily removed to fit new shut off valves it did make a tick ticking noise for a few weeks after it was put back.

But the noise has since gone.

mak123
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
2" meter? Serving your house??

Is this a utility meter? Usually they are owned by the utility company. If so, call them and have someone service it. I haven't heard my meter making noises but that's not to say some designs don't.

not for my house, it's in my commercial store.
I have two meters, one managed by city and the other by me, both 2", the city meter located in horizental line, and no noise, but mine connected in vertical line and makes some noise like tickle, tickle, something rotaing sounds...someone said it just sounds like that since it installed vertical direction....but I just want to make sure it doesn't matter...

hj
10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Never heard of the orientation of a meter making a difference, but have heard MANY meter, including my own, which make the "clicking/thumping" sound when high flows are going through them.

mak123
10-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Never heard of the orientation of a meter making a difference, but have heard MANY meter, including my own, which make the "clicking/thumping" sound when high flows are going through them.

HJ,

so, sounds when high flows are going through is no problem?
thanks