Which brand for RPZ, Watts or Cash Acme?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fastgt79

Reaction score
I am installing a water powered backup sump pump and code requires a 3/4" reduce pressure zone (RPZ) valve on the water supply to the sump pump. The two brands that seem pretty popular on the internet for RPZ are Watts (model 009M3QT) and Cash Acme (cash-flo RPZ II). What brand has a better reputation for quality since this is an important piece of equipment? Can anyone shed some light of these brands from a quality standpoint?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Wilkins/Zurn 975XL Very simple device, parts are readily available and they stand up well.

John

Fastgt79

Reaction score
So other than potentially being harder to service, Watts is a good quality brand that will be easy to find parts. I have heard that some people use dual check valves with the atmosphere vent between the checks in lieu of a RPZ for protecting the water supply on a water powered backup sump pump. What are you thoughts on using dual check valves with atmosphere vent?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
What is required is dictated by code state by state....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks