Leaking diverter spout

Users who are viewing this thread

David Mims

Reaction score
I'm hopeful ya'll can help a brotha out. I seem to have the only such tub spout on earth and can't find a replacement. It's leaking around the o-ring, which I've replaced. I have another tub with the same fixture, and this spout leaks on both while the other spout seals on both. I think daughter pushed down it and broke the plastic inside but can't get it apart to be sure.

The stem is about 1 1/2" from the threads to the o-ring. Looks like it's soldered onto 1/2 copper pipe. The o-ring is 3/32" by 1 1/8" od. The spout is threaded on the near end but smooth for the o-ring to seat against farther inside. It appears to have a brand stamp at the base SA surrounded by a C. Hope you can see the picture.

I just need to know what brand it is and where to find one or one similar to replace it. I am much obliged for any insight you fellars might offer.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a Delta RP17453. Available at any good plumbing supply, not necessarily at a home center.

delta-rp17453-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
spout

It would have been hard, if not impossible, to damage the "O" ring, so you may have a different problem. Call Delta customer service and have them send you a complete new spout.

David Mims

Reaction score
True the o-ring was not the problem. Ordered a new spout online Sunday which arrived UPS last night. Great service from ********, and thanks again Jimbo. Problem solved!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks