spitting water

Users who are viewing this thread

dedoo12

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem which just started recently. It seems everytime I turn a faucet on almost anywhere in the house the water starts to flow then suddenly spits air for a few seconds and then returns to normal . I have checked the pressure in the tank as I am on a well system and the pressure is holding fine. the pump kicks on at 30lbs and off at 60lbs, the pressure in the tank when drained is at 29lbs. Any idea what could be causing this??? :confused:

Manhattan42

Reaction score
Several Potential Causes

There are several potential causes:

-Your bladder in the pressure tank could have a leak.

-You could have a leak in your water line from the pump to the pressure tank.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
If a pressure tank bladder is broken, the air is still above the water because the water exits the tank in the center botom, so the air can't get out of the tank.

If he has air being added to the water before the tank, and the tank is a bladder type or air over water type, the added air will replenish the volume of air that is absorbed into the water over time; but the air can't get out of the tank until the tank is full of air and has no water in it.

He could have methane in the water, that acts just like air.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks