W.C. Plumbing Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Bernhard Sulzer

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to find the right expression in English for the German "Nasszelle" or Naßzelle for a translation which describes a unit containing toilets and possibly sinks, no bathtubs or showers, and is called Nasszelle (= literally wet cell) in German, pointing out the importance for electrical concerns with wet floors.

Thanks,

Bernhard

Bob's HandyGuy

Reaction score
In America, we refer to a room with toilet and sink as a "1/2 bath", with toilet, sink and shower as a "3/4 bath", toilet, sink, tub as a "full bath". Or are you asking about what we call a public toilet? There are many expressions for that, "mens/ladies room" etc. What are your electrical concerns? You're not thinking of putting a breaker box in a shower are you?

Bernhard Sulzer

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.
What I am referring to is a restroom in a train, basically.
Siemens, the German company refers to them as "Nasszelle" which literally means wet cell, expressing water and waste water concerns.
I guess bathroom or restroom will do for a translation. Or maybe sanitary unit - from the manufacturer's point of view.
Your further input is appreciated.

Bernhard Sulzer

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
spelling

Well, if you are looking for an English term that will be understood, "sanitary unit" is not it. We understand "Big Unit". He pitches for the Yankees.

In a home, it is a "half-bath" and in public places, whether it be the park, a restaurant, an airplane, or even the train, it is "rest room". That's about it.

In San Francisco they have some public restrooms which are automatic cleaning. After a person leaves the room, the door locks and automatically the toilet, walls, and floors are hoses down and sanitized. Costs a buck or two to use it if I remember. It is still just called a "self-cleaning rest room".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks