Question about brands

Users who are viewing this thread

VinnyinNJ

Reaction score
Hi,

We are in the middle of renovating our bathroom and are at the point of picking a mixing valve and a sink faucet. We are purchasing from a local bath showroom/plumbing supply so everything we are buying hopefully will be a better quality than from the big box stores.

The shower is only 36" x 36" and is going to be a hand held; at this point I believe it's going to be a Grohe Relaxa Ultra 5 spray pattern. Basically there's about $100 difference between that and American Standard or Delta - not too big of a deal.

But now I need to get into the shower's mixing valve and faucet and the place where I am buying the supplies sells American Standard, Grohe and can get Delta. I've heard not so good things about American Standard but I am not in the business.

The saleslady told us that the American Standard plumbing fixtures are great and she wasn't that big on Delta. We haven't really seen a faucet that we like in Grohe so that is probably not going to be one of our choices.

So my questions to you are - does it really matter? And does American Standard make sub par products?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Vinny

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks