diverter value

Users who are viewing this thread

bob444

Reaction score
Have a three handle set up in my tub area. When the shower was on, there was water also coming out of my tub spout. I changed the diverter value and the seat for the diverter value. Now when the shower is on there is water leaking into my laundry room, which is below the tub/shower area. Aslo Iam still getting water from tub spout. I can not see the leak from the laundry room because of the bathroom floor and wall. BOB :confused:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You did something wrong with the diverter stem. Perhaps take it out again and post a picture.

TIP: When reinstalling any stem, including a diverter stem, it should be turned so the stem is up ( open, for a water stem, usally in "shower" direction for the diverter.) Failure to do this may result in failure of the stem body to seat into the valve body.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

It can only be leaking at the point where the diverter is screwed into the valve body, if it is leaking downstairs. The diverter can fail to seal properly for more than one reason if it is not the exact replacement, and the correct sealing washer is not used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks