Very confused about shower connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Dom Z

Reaction score
In a previous thread I questioned the size of the supply lines required for a shower renovation I'm planning.

I was told to use 3/4" vs 1/2" for all connectins.

Looking at the different parts the manufacture supplied with the system.
I've noticed the connections on the values are 3/4" but the connections on the body sprays, shower head and hand held are all 1/2". :eek:

I've been told the 1/2' will not supply the amount of water needed for the system I've purchase.
Why would a manufacturer(moen) make the connections 3/4" at the values and reduce to 1/2" at the fixtures?
Doesn't this cause me the same potential problem as going from a 3/4" main run down to 1/2" supply lines?
I don't see the difference between reducing on the input side of the value VS reducing on the output side of the value. :confused:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The valve supplies many heads and my use a 3/4" loop, of which it may supply several heads off of that.

Individual heads only need to be 1/2"

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are so determined to run them 1/2 go right ahead. You'll figure it out later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks