Odd Water Pressure Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

West104

Reaction score
Hi, We recently had a Meile 18" dishwasher installed. Unfortunately we have no hot water in the kitchen faucet and had to disconnect the dishwasher. The set up by the Contractor A involves: Speed valve, 1/4" tubing, branch in 1/4" tubing to supply to dishwasher and then flexible hose for the hot water to the faucet. Contractor B told me this is the wrong set up and an L shaped valve to supply both the dishwasher and the faucet should be installed. Contractor A, who built the new kitchen, told me we now have to install we have now have to install a new dedicated hot water line for the dishwasher. Can anyone recommend a plumber in NYC who can solve this problem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Maybe a picture of what's there would help.

From one supply line, they do make shutoff valves that have two outlets. Rather than using an adapter, it might be better to just replace the shutoff.

Attachments

• Prod_DualOutlet.jpg
    Prod_DualOutlet.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 194

Wondering

Reaction score
Not sure about your model, but some Miele dishwashers are designed to be connected to the COLD water line as the dishwasher does all its own water heating. You might want to check to see if yours has this capability.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks