Walk-in Bathtub Recommendations???

Users who are viewing this thread

Ellas

Reaction score
HELP!

Hi, my husband and I just recently bought a house earlier this year and its a real fixer-upper. We've been renovating it for the past few months and at this point we're on to the bathroom.

We're now debating between installing a shower or a walk-in bathtub. I personally love jacuzzis so a walk-in tub would be perfect for me. There are so many options available when it comes to choosing a new bath tub or replacing an old one though. Bath tubs can come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, styles and functions, so it’s always a good idea to look around for one that’s best for you. I would like to try a new kind of acrylic bath fixture with innovative functional features, like hydrotherapy. I am seriously considering investing in a walk in bath tub.

So far I came across this site and it seems to have the best deals

http://www.ellasbubbles.com

What do you guys think? Anybody got any ideas?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
HELP!

Hi, my husband and I just recently bought a house earlier this year and its a real fixer-upper. We've been renovating it for the past few months and at this point we're on to the bathroom.

We're now debating between installing a shower or a walk-in bathtub. I personally love jacuzzis so a walk-in tub would be perfect for me. There are so many options available when it comes to choosing a new bath tub or replacing an old one though. Bath tubs can come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, styles and functions, so it’s always a good idea to look around for one that’s best for you. I would like to try a new kind of acrylic bath fixture with innovative functional features, like hydrotherapy. I am seriously considering investing in a walk in bath tub.

So far I came across this site and it seems to have the best deals

http://www.ellasbubbles.com

What do you guys think? Anybody got any ideas?

Keep in mind with a walk-in bathtub you must first get into the tub close the door and sit there until it fills. Then when exiting you must stay in the tub until it drains before opening the door.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

One installation I did, they could not get the door to seal so they had to remove the tub and replace it. Not a good situation if the unit is out of its warranty period.

Sanfina

Reaction score
Dear Sir or Madame,

We would like to introduce our company and products, hope that we may build business cooperation in the future.

We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of walk in bathtub. We are one of the leading manufacturers of walk-in bath tubs in China. We have more than five years�� history in this area.

We have profuse designs with series quality grade, and expressly, our price is very competitive because we are manufactory, we are the source. Ascribed to our excellent quality control and competitive price, our products have won a good reputation abroad. You are welcome to visit our website http://www.walkinbathtub-china.com which includes our company profiles, history and some popular common styles.

We are always having many improvements about the size, the style, the quality of the product to meet different customers�� requirements. We've already had more than 11 styles of walk in bathtubs. Such as CWB3054(30��*54��),because of its common preferences, this style is now very popular in America and Canada; Such as CWB3051(30��*51��),because of its special appearance, it's now very famous in Canada; Such as CWB2651(Curved door),because of its beautiful and delicate ,it's very famous in Europe and America, etc.

Should any of these items be of interest to you, please let us know, we shall be glad to provide you the details and will carefully consider any proposals likely to lead to business between us.

As a very active manufactures, we develop new designs nearly every month,If you have interest in it, it's my pleasure to offer news to you regular.

Highest regards,

Yours truly,

Sanfina

-------------------------------------------
COMPANY: China Walkin BathTub Co.,LTD

E-MAIL: sanfina@walkinbathtub-china.com
MSN: Sanfina@live.cn
PHONE:86-21-57480873 FAX: 86-21-57480873
ADDRESS: Fengxian District,Shanghai,China,201404

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Several things to consider about a walk in tub;
1. You have to get into it BEFORE you turn the water on
2. You have to drain the water out of the tub before you can open the door to get out.
3. If the door opens outward, water pressure can push against it and cause a leak
4. If it opens inward, the door could not be opened in an emergency because of the water pressure, and/or the position of the occupant if he/she is disabled.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I think a nice barrier free shower is a better option than an overpriced tub that can take forever to drain. At the medical supply store I frequent in North Vancouver I was told of a $20,000 reno to install the tub and the lady of the house could not even get through the door!

Then it took 15 minutes to drain.

And the step into the tub was over 5".

None of these facts make me think this is a good idea.

If you do purchase a walk in tub remember you need to be able to "Walk In". If the tub comes with a 4"-7" step - that is not going to be so great...

JW

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I totally agree. A barrier free shower is by far the best way to go. I just can't see sitting in a tub a watching it drain and leaving a soap ring not only on the tub but also on you.

John

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
rex-tub-20.jpg

Here is a tub we installed in Kirkland.
The homeower picked it up from Costco.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks