Garabage Disposal Stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

headhog

Reaction score
My wife's number one plumbing issue is getting a stopper for our garbage disposal that keeps the water in the sink.

I know, this is not a real plumbing issue, but I'm taking allot of heat because the stopper doesn't work and I can't fix it.

We have an Insinkerator Badger and two Insinkerator stoppers. Does anyone know of a better stopper?

Thanks.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
My wife's number one plumbing issue is getting a stopper for our garbage disposal that keeps the water in the sink.

I know, this is not a real plumbing issue, but I'm taking allot of heat because the stopper doesn't work and I can't fix it.

We have an Insinkerator Badger and two Insinkerator stoppers. Does anyone know of a better stopper?

Thanks.

Do you have this one? This is similar to what I have and it works fine.

050375004516.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
WOW! If this will make you a hero, I think we can help!

First, take a look at the rubber gasket which you see in the sink now....the piece with the little fingers which you push the food through.
This cannot be removed or replaced from above, but if there is basically a smooth surface all around the outer edge, it should work. Now, for the stopper. The plastic stoppers which come with the badger, and can be purchased, should work. BUT, the better stopper is like the one shown in the picture. Usually, at HD or a hardware store, you will find it in the disposer area, it is made by ISE, and the hand grip is stainless steel, the lower part rubber. This one should stop the sink, EVEN IF the disposer gasket is beat up. It this thing will not make a seal, then I suggest a kitchen remodel may be next!

headhog

Reaction score
It this thing will not make a seal, then I suggest a kitchen remodel may be next!

I'll suggest a remodel to my wife right away....

Also, I have some prime land in southern Florida you can buy cheap.

I have the "good" stopper from ISE. I'll examine the flange and rubber gasket. At least it will look like I'm doing something.

Thanks for the replies, except for the quoted part of jimbo's.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you sure she is pushing it 'home' when inserting it? It doesn't take a lot of pressure, but it should be pressed down. Are there any dents in the strainer, maybe from something being caught and banging around one time because of the GD?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks