Mansfield antisyphon faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

capon

Reaction score
I bought a parts kit and replaced the vacuum breaker cap, vacuum breaker bonnet, seat washer and plunger. When faucet is turned on without a hose connected there is no leak. However, when the hose is connected and the faucet turned on, it leakse out the cap badly. Any ideas?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The part with the washer should be up not down...are you sure of the direction of the washer....and did you replace all the parts that came in the kit...

capon

Reaction score
Yes. I was sure to put it pointing upward. The parts I mentioned were all the parts in the kit. Is there a chance there is something also wrong with the part of the faucet stemming from the turn off valve/handle going into the faucet?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I would remove all the parts and inspect them closely and see if there is a problem...what tool did you use to screw in the part that goes into the brass...did you possibly deform it...be sure the washer is seated right and able to move freely up and down in the plastic...

capon

Reaction score
thanks, I'll remove everything and double check just to be sure. Let you know how it goes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks